The 8th binational LEMN meeting was held at the University of Windsor, on February 21-23, 2017. This year's meeting focused on assessing and understanding the key role of the nearshore as an integrator of land and lake-based processes.
Participants reported on a number of topics during the course of the meeting, including:
- results of the binational 2014 Lake Erie Intensive Year
- up-to-date assessments of the basins' trophic status (including nutrients and fisheries)
- new initiatives in ecological forecasting and integrated habitat assessment
- restoration strategies
- new pressures on the ecosystem.
You can download the meeting announcement and full program from the 2017 LEMN meeting HERE (Updated Feb 20th, 2017).
For more information, contact Silviya Ivanova:
- Research Assistant
- Department on Biological Sciences
- University of Windsor
- Windsor, Ontario, Canada, N9B3P4
- Tel: +1 (519) 253-3000 ext.4758
- Fax: 519-971-3609